- Dr. Jehannine Austin and Dr. Lara Boyd, along with UBC President and Vice-Chancellor Professor Santa Ono, were recently inducted into the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences.
- Dr. Bruce McManus has received a Bill and Marilyn Webber Lifetime Achievement award.
- Dr. Cornelia Laule and Dr. Lynn Raymond have been awarded UBC Faculty of Medicine awards for Distinguished Achievement.
- 15 DMCBH members received 2017 NSERC Research Grants.
- Dr. Julie Robillard has been appointed Associate Director of the National Core for Neuroethics.
- Dr. Jehannine Austin has been named Executive Director of the PHDA Mental Health and Substance Use Research Program.
— Raymond Lam (@DrRaymondLam) September 1, 2017
— University of British Columbia (@UBC) September 3, 2017
— Troy McDiarmid (@TroyMcDiarmid) September 8, 2017
Thanks to Alfonso Araque, Claudia Krebs, Tony Philips, Larry Swanson (and me) and the Arts Umbrella dancers for spectacular Cajal symposium pic.twitter.com/JRX1AZzEc8
— Brian macvicar (@brian_macvicar) September 10, 2017
Doctoral defence survivors of the week! pic.twitter.com/vNHgcvSO7w
— Catharine Winstanley (@cawinstanley) September 16, 2017
— Kirsty Duncan (@KirstyDuncanEN) September 19, 2017
- Picking the brain of Santiago Ramon y Cajal (The Globe and Mail, September 1)
- Hiccups can be a sign of this deadly, life-threatening condition – here’s why (Reader’s Digest, September 1)
- Major Update to the Bipolar Wellness Centre (CREST.BD blog, September 6)
- Consistency is key to maintaining a healthy brain (VCHRI News, September 7)
- Belkin opens exhibition of anatomical drawings by renowned “hell-raiser” neuroscientist (The Ubyssey, September 13)
- UBC Psychology researchers and graduate students receive national research funding (UBC Psychology news, September 13)
- Seniors curb gambling addiction with Chinese drama (Richmond News, September 14)
- University of British Columbia Researchers Take A Closer Look at the Potential for Stem Cell Therapy after Spinal Cord Injury (CAN News, September 21)
- L’exposition « The Beautiful Brain: Exploring Art and Neuroscience » à UBC (CBC Radio-Canada, September 27)
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes, and funding and awards news to email@example.com.