- Dr. Cheryl Wellington, Dr. Vesna Sossi, and Dr. Wolfram Tetzlaff received funding for their projects and research infrastructure from the Canada Foundation for Innovation.
- Dr. Jehannine Austin and Dr. Todd Woodward were named Difference Makers on a list of 150 Leading Canadians for Mental Health by the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.
- Dr. Brett Finlay inducted into the 2018 Canadian Medical Hall of Fame.
- Dr. Brian Christie, Dr. Pieter Cullis, Dr. July Illes, and Dr. Wyeth Wasserman join MSFHR’s Research Leaders Forum as Distinguished Research Leaders.
We’re looking for three junior faculty members. Check out our Current Opportunities page for more information on the positions and recruitment timeline.
UBC supports the recommendations made my the Fundamental Science Review. For more information on how you can get involved or for a list of resources, visit Canada’s Fundamental Science Review at research.ubc.ca.
— Corree Laule (@mripathology) October 5, 2017
— University of British Columbia (@UBC) October 7, 2017
— Raymond Lam (@DrRaymondLam) October 10, 2017
— UBC Media Relations (@ubcnews) October 13, 2017
— UBC Faculty of Medicine – Educational Technology (@ubcmedvid) October 17, 2017
— Jerome Robert (@Jerome__Robert) October 18, 2017
- The Power of Wake (Psychology Today, September 22)
- Cortical Functional Hyperconnectivity in a Mouse Model of Depression and Selective Network Effects of Ketamine (Science in the City, September 28)
- Behind the addictive psychology and seductive art of loot boxes (PC Gamer, October 1)
- UBC and Microsoft collaboration yields floating, interactive holographic brain (The Ubyssey, October 2)
- Toward an Imagination Science (Scientific American, October 3)
- They study gambling disorder. And they had a lot on their minds at a conference in Las Vegas (STAT News, October 6)
- Unravelling the genetic puzzle of Autism Spectrum Disorder (VCHRI News, October 7)
- Secrets of the Mind: The Drawings of Santiago Ramón y Cajal (UBC NOW, October 9)
- Artificial Human Blood Vessels: A Model for Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy? (AlzForum, October 10)
- $42 Million of federal funding to provide ‘absolutely essential’ support for UBC science and engineering (The Ubyssey, October 11)
- UBC professor on the many unknowns of CTE (CBC Early Edition, October 11)
- Meet 40 Experts and Innovators shaping Brain Health & Enhancement (Huffington Post, October 11)
- Bull rider questions his own repeated head injuries after Ty Pozzobon’s death (CBC News, October 12)
- Faculty of Medicine receives $31M in federal grants for research infrastructure (Faculty of Medicine news, October 13)
- Harvard takes an interest in B.C. minor hockey league’s concussion testing program (The Globe and Mail, October 14)
- BICP-funded seed grant leads to US$1.926M grant (ICORD news, October 18)
- Rick Mercer at UBC: Frolicking in the trees and low-stakes gambling (The Ubyssey, October 20)
- Trump could make your cold-weather depression worse this year (Newsweek, October 23)
- Watch: Rick Mercer Report (CBC, October 24)
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes, and funding and awards news to email@example.com.