- Announcing UBC’s 2016-2017 Banting Postdoctoral Fellows: Congratulations Dr. Brianne Kent (PI: Dr. Haakon Nygaard) and Dr. Nick Weilinger (PI: Dr. Brian MacVicar).
- Congratulations Dr. Kurt Haas, Dr. Shernaz Bamji, and Dr. David Li: Faculty members honoured at the Academic Gowns and Emeriti Recognition Ceremony.
- Dr. Robert Carruthers receives a VCHRI Team Grant Award for his project, A patient decision aid for relapsing multiple sclerosis treatments.
— CAN ACN (@CAN_ACN) June 6, 2017
— UBC Medicine (@UBCmedicine) June 9, 2017
— Jacquie Quandt (@jacquiequandt) June 11, 2017
— Santa J. Ono (@ubcprez) June 19, 2017
— APEC Mental Health (@APEC_MHHub) June 21, 2017
- Common acne drug can slow progress of MS in people with early symptoms: study (CTV News, May 31)
- Shedding new light on life with personalized medicine (UBC FoM News, May 31)
- Made-in-B.C. membrane cap could help prevent rotational concussions (CTV News, June 2)
- Elevated Dopamine D1 Receptor Availability in Striatum of Göttingen Minipigs after Electroconvulsive Therapy (Science in the City, June 2)
- Brain disease and the belly: new links between Parkinson’s disease and the gut (VCHRI News, June 3)
- Starving research means less crucial innovation: scientists (The Globe and Mail, June 8)
- A few burning questions (The Globe and Mail, June 23)
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes, and funding and awards news to firstname.lastname@example.org.