In the News
- Jennifer Cooper in Dr. Cheryl Wellington’s lab was profiled in the Facutly of Medicine Back to School Series
- Faezeh Kharazyan, a Research Assistant at the Centre, is profiled in the Facutly of Medicine Staff Spotlight
- In a conversation between Governor General Julie Payette and and Chief Scientific Officer of Quebec Dr. Remi Quirion, they take a live question from Dr. Judy Illes! Check it out at the 7 minute mark.
- Dr. Liisa Galea writes about how proper funding for women’s health research could save lives during the pandemic, in Policy Options.
The @UBCmedicine Back to School Series is now live, and features Jennifer Cooper. Jennifer spent the summer doing #COVID19 research in DMCBH researcher Dr. Cheryl Wellington’s lab and is now starting her Masters! Read more here: https://t.co/fny6mHMhtB pic.twitter.com/DcpShbLkno
— Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health (@DMCBrainHealth) September 10, 2020
- Dr. Catharine Winstanley (pictured) has been elected into the Royal Society of Canada as a Member of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists!
- Dr. Mark Cembrowski named a 2020 Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research award recipient. Dr. Cembrowski was also named the 2020 Cajal Club Krieg Cortical Explorer.
- Several of our researchers were awarded CIHR grants from the spring competition, including Drs. Liisa Galea, Jason Snyder, Fidel Vila-Rodriguez, Michael Kobor and Alex Rauscher. Read the full UBC announcement here.
DMCBH researcher @cawinstanley has been elected into the Royal Society of Canada as a Member of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists! Her lab explores impulse control and decision making. Congrats to Dr. Winstanley on this achievement! #RSChttps://t.co/fRt0I4HNjo pic.twitter.com/g65TpmmD3N
— Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health (@DMCBrainHealth) September 8, 2020
Centre Director’s Dr. Lynn Raymond and Shernaz Bamji published a message about their goals for the DMCBH community over the next four years. Read what they have to say here.
The Directors of the Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health have written a message highlighting their thoughts and goals about leading the DMCBH community over the next few years. See what Dr. Lynn Raymond and @ShernazBamji have to say!https://t.co/4ueeXOKtql pic.twitter.com/sJGXmPb0XA
— Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health (@DMCBrainHealth) September 24, 2020
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes and funding and awards news to email@example.com.