- Dr. Sophia Frangou (pictured) was awarded the Society of Biological Psychiatry Educator Award.
- Dr. Doug Allan has received an NSERC Discovery Grant to study transcription factors in Drosophilia.
- The first Neuropsyched Issue is now live! You can check it out here.
- The long-term biological effects of COVID-19 stress on kids’ future health and development, published in the Conversation Canada and coauthored by Dr. Michael Kobor.
- UBC scientists sequencing the genomes of Canadians with COVID-19, published by UBC news, featuring Dr. Terry Snutch
- Violence against women escalates as we flatten the curve for the COVID-19 pandemic, Women’s Health Research Cluster
- Congratulations to the entire BC Brain Wellness team! They held a very successful virtual celebration for World Brain Day on July 22 with over 100 attendees from across the country.
- Dr. Manu Madhav will be joining the DMCBH community in January!
- Dr. Freda Miller will be joining UBC in the Fall!
- A Month in Neurodegenerative Diseases podcast has launched! You can check out their first few episodes here. If you’re looking to get involved, please contact email@example.com.
- The DMCBH has started a science communications blog! The Brainiac Blog is live and looking for students, trainees and faculty to submit 500-800 word blogs about the brain, spinal cord and/or nervous system. For more information, please visit the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DMCBH COVID-19 Series
This month, we featured Drs. Kurt Haas, Jill Murphy, Ray Lam and Erin Michalak! Check out their stories here:
- Dr. Adele Diamond provides insight into how COVID-related stress can impact child development
- New study looks at mental health needs of high-risk groups
- Dr. Kurt Haas receives CIHR grant to study the role of receptor gene ACE2
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes and funding and awards news to email@example.com.