The Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health is a safe, supportive and inclusive space where people of all backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities and cultures are welcome and respected. We stand against racism and discrimination in all forms.
One of the Centre’s core values is Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We aim to promote a respectful environment built around inclusivity and equity, ensuring that every person is heard, valued and accepted.
UBC is also committed to providing a safe, supportive, and inclusive working and learning environment, with resources and services to support all faculty, staff and learners.
Find help or explore resources to support you at the links below.
Training, education, advising and consultation from UBC REDI and Equity & Inclusion Offices
How to Get Help
Faculty & Staff
UBC offers many health and wellbeing tools and resources to help support you:
- UBC Employee and Family Assistance Program
- UBC extended health benefits
- UBC mental health supports
- Immediate, 24/7 mental health support: Call TELUS Health at 1-866-424-0770 to chat with a counsellor.
- Helping a colleague in distress
Visit the UBC HR Health & Wellbeing website for a full list of resources and supports.
Students & Learners
Graduate Students & Postdoctoral Trainees
Students and trainees across graduate and postdoctoral programs can access additional resources offered through the following:
All Students in Vancouver and Distributed Sites
Equity, diversity, and inclusion resources: Whether you’re a student from an equity-deserving group or an ally advocating for equity and inclusion, support is available.
- Student Support & Resources: Find one-on-one help or explore resources to support you, ranging from academics, and career to health and sexual assault support.
- Counselling Services is the first point of contact for all of your mental health concerns—whether you would like to see a doctor, a counsellor, or get more information about mental health care at UBC and beyond.
- Here2Talk offers 24/7 confidential, single-session counselling services by app, phone or online chat.
- Student Services: Find supports and resources available through Student Services.
All Students in the Okanagan
Bullying and Harassment Prevention at UBC: Provides information for UBC faculty, staff and student employees on how to prevent bullying and harassment in the workplace; how to handle and report bullying and harassment; and how to support a respectful environment in the workplace.
UBC Faculty of Medicine Office of Respectful Environments, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (REDI): Provides leadership across the Faculty of Medicine in the areas of professionalism, learner mistreatment, equity, diversity, and inclusion, anti-racism, and anti-discrimination.
UBC Equity & Inclusion Office: Provides a full range of services that support employment equity, education, leadership and proactive initiatives while building resiliency and a respectful environment.
Indigenous Portal: Provides information on UBC’s commitment to Indigenous engagement and resources for Indigenous students, faculty and the wider community.
IBRO-CBH UBC Indigenous Undergraduate Research Internship Program: Through a unique partnership between the International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) and the Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health, this summer internship program aims to enhance opportunities for Indigenous undergraduate students to get involved with neuroscience research and participate in cross-lab mentorship.