The BC Knowledge Development Fund (BCKDF) has announced funding to support research infrastructure and innovation at post-secondary institutions. Overall, UBC researchers have been awarded over $20 million for 78 research projects.
Congratulations to the eight Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health members who received nearly $5 million in funding for their projects:
- Naturalistic Neuroimaging of Child Psychiatric Disorders led by Tamara Vanderwal (Psychiatry / BC Children’s Hospital).
- Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging (CLSA): A Platform for Interdisciplinary Research led by Teresa Liu-Ambrose (Physical Therapy).
- iMAP in vivo Mesoscale Assessment of neuroProjectomes led by Timothy Murphy (Psychiatry / Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health).
- Sensory system adaptions through electroreception: from molecules to behaviour led by Duncan Leitch (Zoology).
- Beyond ratings: A neurophysiology lab to assess the neurobiology of pain led by John Kramer (Anesthesiology, Pharmacology & Therapeutics).
- Healthy Brain Development in Preterm Infants led by Manon Ranger (Nursing / BC Children’s Hospital).
- Probing the interaction between representations and behaviour underlying navigation led by Manu Sasidharan Madhav (School of Biomedical Engineering / Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health).
- Basic and applied investigations of motor imagery to promote recovery after stroke led by Sarah Kraeutner (Psychology).