Several of our researchers received funding through Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health Alzheimer’s Disease Research Competition. Below you can find a list of the winners along with their project titles.
- Drs. Haakon Nygaard and Stephanie Willerth for their project on modelling Alzheimer’s Disease through 3D human neural tissue
- Drs. Cheryl Wellington, Haakon Nygaard, and Karen Cheung for looking at microfluidic models of the neurovascular unit for studies of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Drs. Haakon Nygaard and Brian MacVicar will look at neuronal oxidative stress and microglia interactions in Alzheimer’s Disease models
- Drs. Teresa Liu-Ambrose, Vesna Sossi, Liisa Galea, and Roger Tam will use the funds to study exercise impacts on cognition and Alzheimer’s Disease indicators in perimenopasual women
- Drs. Donna Lang, Kristina Gicas, Thalia Field, Eduardo Navajas, and Alexandra Talia Vertinsky will look at cardiovascular risk in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Drs. Liisa Galea, Robin Hsiung, and Sherri Hayden will study the impact of motherhood on cognitive health in aging and Alzheimer’s Disease