- Research Areas
- Lab safety and operations
- Core facilities
- News & Events
You are hereNewsroom
Member news: September 2017
- Dr. Jehannine Austin and Dr. Lara Boyd, along with UBC President and Vice-Chancellor Professor Santa Ono, were recently inducted into the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences.
- Dr. Bruce McManus has received a Bill and Marilyn Webber Lifetime Achievement award.
- Dr. Cornelia Laule and Dr. Lynn Raymond have been awarded UBC Faculty of Medicine awards for Distinguished Acheivement.
- 15 DMCBH members received 2017 NSERC Research Grants.
- Dr. Julie Robillard has been appointed Associate Director of the National Core for Neuroethics.
- Dr. Jehannine Austin has been named Executive Director of the PHDA Mental Health and Substance Use Research Program.
Thanks to Alfonso Araque, Claudia Krebs, Tony Philips, Larry Swanson (and me) and the Arts Umbrella dancers for spectacular Cajal symposium pic.twitter.com/JRX1AZzEc8— Brian macvicar (@brian_macvicar) September 10, 2017
Doctoral defence survivors of the week! pic.twitter.com/vNHgcvSO7w— Catharine Winstanley (@cawinstanley) September 16, 2017
- Picking the brain of Santiago Ramon y Cajal (The Globe and Mail, September 1)
- Hiccups can be a sign of this deadly, life-threatening condition - here's why (Reader's Digest, September 1)
- Major Update to the Bipolar Wellness Centre (CREST.BD blog, September 6)
- Consistency is key to maintaining a healthy brain (VCHRI News, September 7)
- Belkin opens exhibition of anatomical drawings by renowned “hell-raiser” neuroscientist (The Ubyssey, September 13)
- UBC Psychology researchers and graduate students receive national research funding (UBC Psychology news, September 13)
- Seniors curb gambling addiction with Chinese drama (Richmond News, September 14)
- University of British Columbia Researchers Take A Closer Look at the Potential for Stem Cell Therapy after Spinal Cord Injury (CAN News, September 21)
- L'exposition « The Beautiful Brain: Exploring Art and Neuroscience » à UBC (CBC Radio-Canada, September 27)
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes, and funding and awards news to firstname.lastname@example.org.