- Research Areas
- Graduate Program in Neuroscience
- Lab safety and operations
- Dynamic Brain Circuits and Connections in Health and Disease
- Core facilities
- News & Events
You are hereNewsroom
New and renewed Canada Research Chairs, April 2015
Pictured: Dr. Janet Werker, Canada Research Chair in Developmental Psychology
The Honourable Ed Holder, Minister of State (Science and Technology), announced 150 new and renewed Canada Research Chairs today, including six members of the Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health.
Congratulations to Dr. Alexander Rauscher, the new Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Developmental Neuroimaging. Dr. Rauscher is an assistant professor and a CIHR New Investigator at the UBC MRI Research Centre.
Congratulations to the following Tier 1 Canada Research Chairs, whose appointments were renewed:
- Dr. Daniel Goldowitz, Canada Research Chair in Developmental Neurogenetics
- Dr. Michael Hayden, Canada Research Chair in Human Genetics and Molecular Medicine
- Dr. Robert Molday, Canada Research Chair in Vision and Macular Degeneration
- Dr. Jon Stoessl, Canada Research Chair in Parkinson's Disease
- Dr. Janet Werker, Canada Research Chair in Developmental Psychology
The Canada Research Chairs program is part of a national strategy to attract and retain some of the world's most accomplished researchers. There are currently 35 Canada Research Chairs affiliated with the Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health, and the Centre is also home to British Columbia’s lone Canada Excellence Research Chair in Medicine (Dr. Matt Farrer, Neurogenetics).