- Research Areas
- Lab safety and operations
- Core facilities
- News & Events
Education and Resources
UBCH CARD holds an annual public forum (see below) in January (Alzheimer Awareness Month) to update our clinic patients, families, and the public on the current research on dementia. Our faculty has frequently provided advice and expert comments to the media regarding the newest discoveries in AD and dementia.
As part of the UBCH CARD strategy, our researchers, clinicians and staff have committed to engaging directly with our community of patients and their families. Our goal is to ensure we are meeting your needs through clear communication and openness. As part of this commitment to engagement, we invite you to view the talks from our most recent community events.
Watch the 2015 Forum
The following talks took place on Saturday, January 31, 2015 at the 2015 Alzheimer Update at UBC.
Watch the 2016 Forum
The following talks took place on Saturday, January 30, 2016 at the 2016 Alzheimer Update at UBC.
- Dr. Philip Lee "Healthy Brain Aging"
- Dr. Teresa Liu-Ambrose "Exercise and the Prevention and Treatment of Alzheimer Disease"
- Maria Howard "Dementia Friendly Communities"
- Dr. Julie Robillard "Priorities in Patient Engagement"
- Q & A #1
- Dr. Cheryl Wellington "Why Fats Matter: Good for the Heart, Good for the Brain"
- Dr. Robin Hsiung " Music Therapy in Alzheimer Disease"
- Dr. Haakon Nygaard "Current Clinical Trials in Alzheimer Disease"
- Q & A #2
- Dr. Howard Feldman "Closing Remarks"